Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mali: Le Pays Dogon (Dogon Country)

During my last month in Burkina, I made a clandestine 3-day trip to Mali with a few PC friends (I’d already used all of my vacation days). The opportunity to see Dogon Country - a unique 100k-long escarpment that runs parallel to Mali’s southern border with a sheer face scattered with centuries-old villages nestled amongst the cracks and crevices – was too good to pass up. So I swallowed my moral reservations, informed many friends so that my whereabouts were known and headed north. I’ve held off on publishing this post in the interest of being divested of my volunteer status before confessing but I don’t regret my transgression for a moment – the trip was more than worth it.

Voici, les photos du voyage:

3 comments:

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like this blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is not good.
A hug from Portugal

Anonymous said...

A PCV taking illegal vacation, a real shocker!

Unknown said...

Great pictures, great story, great work in there, GREAT BLOG. Congratulations for all your job on this blog, with maximum respect, Robert from Ploiesti, Romania, Europe !!!

Keep it that way !!!